SEL Flow Control Chambers
SEL flow control chambers can be customised to suit your inlet and outlet requirements and desired flow rates. Our chambers are easy to install and to make it even easier, we will also help you with some of the technical decisions relating to flow rates - just tell us your required flow rate, head potential and we will calculate the orifice diameter for you.
Our catchpits are designed to separate silt and other particles, helping to improve the quality of water before it enters into your attenuation tank or soakaway. As each individual SUDS system is different, the chambers are individually fabricated to take into account water flow rates, and ground conditions that differ from site to site.
The SEL chambers are pre-fabricated in light yet robust plastic, they can be transported and installed much more easily than equivalent concrete or clay products, offering a reduced health and safety risk to both construction and inspection personnel.
- Lightweight and easy to handle - reduced Health and Safety risks on-site, in storage and during installation
- Durable and robust - low maintenance, long life product reduces whole life costs
- Superior performance - excellent leak tightness and structural integrity
- Strong yet flexible - allows walls to withstand ground movement and differential settlement
- Off-site construction - ensuring quick and easy installation on site
- Integral sockets on inlets and outlets - allowing for a quick and seamless connection to the pipeline structure
SEL standard 500mm diameter silt catchpit chamber
Each SEL standard silt catchpit chamber spigots will suit standard PVC-u push fit drainage pipework. The inlet/outlets can be 110mm or 160mm diameter as required.
Typical flow control chamber with a 2mm mesh filter on the outlet orifice. SEL have a range of flow control chambers for different applications. Contact SEL with your requirements.
Why choose SEL flow control chambers?
- SEL flow chambers are able to control the low flows of a SuDS ‘Management Train’, holding back storage volumes to meet design criteria.
- SuDS should be shallow to mimic natural drainage, reduce costs and allow ease of maintenance as described in all current guidance.
- Our range of flow control chambers utilise the principal of a protected orifice. The orifice is protected by landscape structures upstream and by a perforated control device in the chamber itself.
- SEL flow chambers easily accessible and critical parts are easily removed for inspection by site managers.
- SEL flow chambers are a highly affordable way to manage volumes and low flows near the surface.
If you want further information or would like to discuss a particular project with SEL please ring our office on 01254 589987